The lawyers at Wainwright Injury Law have successfully handled hundreds of car accident cases and recovered millions of dollars for our clients. Attorney Allan Wainwright will personally take care of your case, from determining fault to delivering the closing arguments in a jury trial. If you have been injured in a car wreck in Albuquerque, contact our law office for a free case evaluation.
Types of Car Accidents
Car accidents may vary in type, but they tend to have one thing in common: driver error. If you have been in any of the following types of car accidents, and if you believe that your car accident was the fault of another driver, we can help you to prove it and get the compensation you deserve.
- Rear-end crashes. Rear-end crashes are often dismissed as insignificant, but the victims of these crash types may have serious injury, such as whiplash and other soft tissue injuries.
- Head-on collisions. Head-on crashes are usually the most devastating of accident types, leaving both parties with severe – and sometimes fatal – injuries. This type of accident sometimes occur because one driver drifts into the wrong lane, thereby traveling in the wrong direction of traffic.
- Side-swipe and T-bone collisions. Characterized by damage to the side of a vehicle, a side-swipe accident is most common when a driver attempts to change lanes without looking for oncoming traffic first. A T-bone collision, which can be devastating when it occurs at high speeds, usually happens when one vehicle fails to stop or yield at an intersection, slamming head-on to another vehicle’s side.
- Rollover accidents. Rollover accidents can occur because of an interaction with another vehicle based on negligence (i.e. a side swipe collision), or as a single-vehicle collision. In some cases, defective design of the vehicle may be, in part, to blame for the crash.
New Mexico is an at-fault car insurance state, which means that you can file a claim against the other driver’s insurance right after the accident. In a no-fault states, you cannot file a claim against the other driver’s insurance, you only file with your own insurance (unless an injury threshold is met). It also means that you have the right to recover your full damages amount, including compensation for:
- Medical expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Pain and suffering; and
- All other economic and noneconomic damages.
What to Do after a Car Accident
It is important that you act quickly after a crash to preserve your right to recover your maximum settlement amount – in Albuquerque, you only have three years to bring forth your injury claim. This means you need to seek medical care, gather evidence, alert your insurance company, and begin building your claim as soon as possible. For all of this and more you need an experienced Albuquerque car accident attorney.
Contact the Offices of Wainwright Injury Law Now
What you do next will have a significant impact on your future. If you are ready to start recovering the full value of your losses, contact our experienced attorneys today. You will never be charged upfront fees for our services. So don’t wait and call us today or use our online form to schedule your free case evaluation.